Friday, November 4, 2011

The Dream-Day 140

Hmm, should I consider it a coincidence that the last post before IM is #140?

Several weeks ago, I rode 100 miles with new tri buddies Kasia Doherty and Joana Bekerman. During the ride, Kasia told me how she dedicates part of her races to certain people. What a great idea (that I'm copying).

So, here it is. My dedication list. Each name will be written on my forearms and my thoughts will focus on them as a tribute to their love, inspiration, and outstanding support. Couldn't have done it without them.

SWIM
Cynthia, my Controller, who's battling Cancer and is the bravest person I've ever met. 2.4 in the Gulf under the worst conditions is nothing by comparison.

BIKE
Mile 0-19       Gail, my wife.
Mile 20-39     Shane, my son.
Mile 40-59     Kendall, my daughter.
Mile 60-79     Madison, my youngest.
Mile 80-99     Mom
Mile 100-112 Dad

RUN
Mile 0-4         Phyllis, my mother-in-law.
Mile 5-9         Friends & Family.
Mile 10-14     Dominique Caramagno.
Mile 15-19     My coach, Joe Petrush.
Mile 20-24     People that inspire me.
Mile 25-26.2  People who never got the chance to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment