Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Dream-Day 127

Frickin' brrr. Heard the coast was clear (no Federali) so I hit Heckscher for a 2 hr ride. Tons of wildlife around this morning. Even ran into the rarely seen species of Coach Joe and Justin Schwartz (nice new ride, dude).

Had to don the jacket, long tights, barrier headband and, of course, my legendary lobster gloves. Much rather have it super hot. In fact, I am a bit concerned about going from the cool Fall weather to the heat of Florida as I've spent the Summer acclimating my engine to the stresses of heat.

Main set was 3x30 min above 185 watts (80% of threshold). Averaged 193, 189, and 185. Definitely a solid effort. The bike portion will be the longest of the 3, but it's the one I have the most confidence in. Hoping my undercarriage survives the onslaught. 6:15 min ride on Saturday will be a solid test.

If anyone has the keys to the thermostat I'd appreciate jacking that bad boy up around 5am on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment