Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Dream-Day 124

Welcomed October with a 107 mi ride. Started out in light rain so I had to break out the light rain jacket I bought last week but planned on returning...not. Figures. Did a much better job this week of sticking to coach Joe's plan, but I wish it included mandatory company. 6+ solo really blows.


PT gave me the green light on Fri so I tossed in a 2 mi run off the bike alternating fast walking with running every 1/4 mi. Ankle held up ok, but the real test will be after mile 3. That seems to be the demarkation line. Nevertheless, I was really hurting after. Legs were shot. Not good news with 5 wks to go.

It's a strange feeling. I was ok until I finished. Then, within minutes ultra exhaustion, a tad queasy, and thighs sore as hell. Begs the question, I'm doing this again why? Wanted real food but didn't have much of an appetite even though I cooked 4277 calories.

Took a nap late afternoon then rallied for movie club at Danielle & Seth Forman's at 7. Saw "The Reader". Nice flick. My blog gives it an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment