Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Dream-Day 133

Survived last night's swim even though some of us nearly added to the fluid level when we looked up and saw we were done with our workout but there was still 10 min remaining. Coach Joe started us off with the Russian Cool Down.

Russian Cool Down (explained): 10lb rubber coated bricks are sent to the bottom of the pool (~ 20'). Spent swimmer puts hands over head, goes to the bottom, depressurizes ears, picks up brick, and does a squat push off to the surface. If Coach is in a sprite mood you may be asked to collect 2 at once. I've been on the short end of this before, but thankfully, not last night.

Today, I went to "The Heck" (Heckscher State Park) with Dominique. She had an hr bike and I had the first of two 4 mi runs. I finished up and had time to blast out Ab Ripper. Finished up run #2 around 6pm.

Tonight, I'm off to visit my Controller in the hospital. Really sad situation. Count your blessings and be grateful for every healthy day you have on this rock of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment