Friday, September 30, 2011

The Dream-Day 123

The verdict is in. Definite swelling in the ankle tissue. Taking it as good news as the MRI could've shown a fracture or something that would've had my doc emploring me to bag the Ironman. For now, staying on course which is beating the crap out of myself in the pool and bike and incorporating fast walks and elliptical workouts to keep the running muscles involved. Hoping to start reintroducing short runs within a week and keep building. Dealing with pain will become a new challenge, but one that I'm actually getting fired up for.

As for the afforementioned elliptical (renamed "dreadliptical"), I did a 60 min workout this morning 20 min easy/20 min hard/20 min easy. Snoozeville.

The Dreadliptical. I think it was trying to tell me something (note distance).
SCC tonight to meet lane partners Frank "The Tank" Arcuri and Artie Whitmarsh for an hour of punishment. Then, I'll have an hour to feed before a 10:30 crashfest. I'm so much fun these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment