Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Dream-Day 119

Am I a sage or what? Knew it wouldn't rain if I dropped coin on a rain jacket for yesterday's ride. Had about 5 1/2 hrs sleep, got up at 5am, and drove 25 min to SUNY Old Westbury to ride with new Tri chums Kasia and Joana. Thought we were riding flats and rollers for 6 hrs (insert Mr. Bill phrase here). Instead, it was a hilly (2942' vertical gain) covering 104 miles over 6+ hrs. Legs started barking at around the 4 hr mark. Then, just to throw gas on the fire, we rode the last hr inside the super hilly college grounds.


Both woman are strong riders, but Kasia blew me away as she motored up each hill. She's a freakin' machine. Once we were done (riding) they took off for a 1/2 hr run. Then, just for kicks, Kasia swam for an hour. Is it a sickness that I left feeling like I dogged it?

With Joana & Kasia (right)
Got home at 1:30 and at 4 decided to lie down and watch some tv. Maybe even take a nap. 14 hrs later, I woke up. I'm officially a mess.

No team swim practice today because of the Huntington Sprint Triathlon. So proud of my teammates Dominique, Roseann, and Meghan for killing it. Dom and Ro came in 2nd in their age group and Meghan took 3rd overall. Instead, I swam 2 miles solo at the college on 5x15 min at an easy pace and then tried aqua jogging for 15 min.

Kendall's heading back to UDel soon. Wish I could've spent more time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment