Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Dream-Day 117

I think it took a micro-second to justify the trepidation I had for swim practice last night. First time in the faster lane which translated into hard efforts followed by minimal rest in between. As my pal, Dominique put it, "It's hard because you just want to catch your breath and it's like ok go right now and you feel like you're gonna hurl." At times, I thought of sitting out, but managed to rally. The payoff was a feeling of major accomplishment. Yeah, it was really hard, but pushing yourself beyond capacity is the only way to grow.

Came home at 9:30pm, stuffed my gob, and crashed hard. Awoke at 6 for another "growth" lesson on the bike. Did 6x5 min at 10% over threshold on 4 min recoveries. Doesn't sound like much, but with my heart rate at 95% of max, it was a flippin' heart attack on a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment