Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Dream-Day 122

Last night's swim was hard, but a bit more manageable. Definitely made some gains in the drink by being pushed past capacity. What choice do I have, drown? It actually makes sense. Just like any new workout or harder intensity the first few times you're bound to get dinged. The improvements have no choice but to happen even though it's a real struggle getting there. Couldn't believe it, but I was even a bit sore after yesterday's 90' elliptical.

This morning, I repeated last Thursday's bike on the trainer. The goal was to do 6 sets holding 232 watts for 5 min on 4 min recoveries. Except for the first set (230 watts), I was able to hit 235-236 watts which was what I did last week. Starting at about the 3:30 mark of each set my thighs felt like they were going to ignite.

Revisited Zwanger & Pesiri Radiology for the MRI redo. The tech told me this beast costs 2.5 mil, the ROI is 8 mos, and they last about 10 years. Cha-Ching.

The hot dog bun. Grateful I didn't have to be all the way in. More grateful for the 20 min nap.
On a separate note, my pal Pete, dropped off this article. Give it a read and be prepared to say "holy shit" a few dozen times.

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/66810273?access_key=key-1h4szulrvqxibaodyvnk

No comments:

Post a Comment