Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Dream-Day 121

After 6 months, I found myself back at Gold's gym in Deer Park to do a 90 min elliptical (gag) workout courtesy of coach Joe. It was amazing, but quite predictable, that the only thing that changed for most of the people I saw, was the calendar. Look, it's awesome that they're there, but someone has to explain to me why people spend time (which most are admittedly short on) and pay for things that aren't delivering on what they ultimately want. The kicker is hearing them complain that they can't lose the weight, can't get stronger, can't run faster, can't, can't, can't... My wish, of course, is for everyone to succeed, but that starts with a sound personal philosophy. "Can't" teach that one.

At 11, I had my 3rd acupuncture treatment and, at 4, went to PT. So far, they're not helping my ankle or wallet. At 8, I revisit the liquid torture chamber.

Tomorrow, going for MRI #2x because the genius that ran that monstrosity missed a few critical views. Really, why do it once when you can do it twice at 2x the price?

No comments:

Post a Comment