Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Dream-Day 113

Forgot to put this on my 9/11 post. I woke up on race day and Steve had left this for me. All you P90Xers out there know this phrase all too well. For those that aren't, or haven't heard it before, it's a great attitude adjuster.


Yesterday, I went to Gold Coast physical therapy in Commack. The examination confirmed that my posterior tibia tendon is a bit put off. I was treated to an electrostim with ice cocktail and then Rich Ferriggi taped my foot in a way that curled my right foot inward in an effort to take pressure off the tendon. He indicated I have a dropped arch due, in part, to a very tight IT band which has made my foot work overtime in order to stay balanced and drive forward. He asked that I run 2 miles and then come in to see him for a functionality evaluation which will gauge various aspects of muscular balance.

So, today, I headed back to Heckscher State Park to ride 90' easy including a 10' blast at threshold. I finished up, threw the bike in the car, straped on the running shoes, and headed out for the 2 miler. Felt a little pain around the 1.3 mi mark but was able to complete the goal without much discomfort.

Bike iCam.
At 12pm, I was back at PT for the functionality eval which honed in on the muscular imbalance on my right side. The plan is to refrain from running this week, therapy, ice, anti-inflams, assorted stretches of the quad, calf, and IT band, and lots of praying (may be time to get religious).

No comments:

Post a Comment