Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Dream-Day 110

Still focusing on swimming and biking while resting the ankle. Scheduling an MRI to get the low down. I figure I should get something in return for my uber high insurance premiums.

Saturday, did a short but hilly ride with Dominique. We left late (9:30am) to accomodate her son's soccer game (yes, Dom, it is all about you). Surprised to find the roads empty and clear of Irene debris.

Sunday, I rode 2 hrs before meeting my wing man, Rob Karen, for a ride out to Westhampton. This dude is off the charts. He hardly rides but still manages to more than keep up. He hardly eats and clearly doesn't hydrate enough. Today, he "fueled" with an Egg McMuffin right before we headed out claiming, "It has everything you want...carbs, protein, and fat". Who am I to argue? Then, there's his ride. It's a nice bike, but you've got to be kidding me with the reflector on the handlebars and the heavy duty lock wrapped around the seat post.

Rob's bike complete with questionable reflector & lock. Oy.

BICYCLE BELL-LADYBUG
Getting Rob this bad boy for his next birthday. Can't believe he doesn't already have one.

Made it into Westhampton and promptly had incredible baked goods and a coffee. Met up with Scott Alpert and our families for a great afternoon on the beach and then dinner with live tunes.


Monday, we had a Bar Mitzvah at Yankee Stadium and then watched the game from a luxury box. It's was like scoring first class airline tix. 11-10 Bombers. Wish I hadn't inhaled those a few hot dogs though. My 13 year old daughter reamed me out like I had just done crystal meth. Well deserved.

View from Suite 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment